READY TO GO FROM MILD TO WILD?
If you’ve been contemplating a custom paint job, it might be time to think differently about vehicle wraps. We have access to a wide variety of cast vinyl from the world’s top car wrap film manufacturers. Everything from standard matte black, to satins, chromes, camouflages, and more. We install with care, and pride ourselves in producing some of the cleanest full car vinyl wraps in the industry. Check out our vinyl wrap services in the drop down menu above, or read through the vehicle wrap FAQs below for more information!
Why Wrap Your Vehicle?
- Style – Enhance with a custom look
- Protection – Adds a removable layer of protection for your original paint
- Marketing – Add company logos, and branding for mobile advertising
- Stealth – Matte finish can make your vehicle more inconspicuous
- Refresh – Create a whole new look without repainting or buying a new vehicle
VEHICLE WRAP FAQs
- Wraps come in all different shapes & sizes. Wraps start as large sheets of adhesive backed vinyl film designed specifically for vehicle application made available in a variety of styles & finishes. Some wraps are a full color change in matte, satin or gloss finishes, as well as chrome, “carbon fiber” look, and beyond. Vehicle wraps can also consist of printed designs containing imagery, photos, graphics, or branded elements to represent a business or group, or as “accents” on vehicle features like trim, spoilers, hoods, roofs, and trunks. Truly, the possibilities are endless; recent advancements in vinyl production technology has also opened up the possibilities to textured vehicle wraps like leather, alligator, snake skin, or holographic & 3D films!
- Every vehicle & application is different, so price really depends on the scope of your vehicle wrap project. A complete wrap includes door jambs, inner door frames, and sills — this level of vehicle coverage is recommended for those who desire a full color change, and is obviously the most costly. Partial wraps without jambs, frames, and sills are cheaper, but ultimately will not have the same illusion as full coverage applications. All of our prices listed are base prices, and will vary depending on the vehicle type, surface complexity, and film used. For a more precise quote, give us a call with more information about your wrap project.
NOTE: prices do not include full vehicle disassembling or re-assembling, or removal of previous films, wraps, and clear bra.
- No, but improper installation or removal can! A bad install means your vehicle’s paint might get damaged from razor blade scratches, and poor adhesion that ultimately leads to wrap failure. Also, if the wrong type of film is used during the application like a sign vinyl with extra strength adhesive or low flexibility, it can strip your paint and cause serious damage if & when it is not removed with care!
- Wrap life span really depends on how well the film is cared for, how much day to day stress the wrap gets from road driving, and what quality of film was used to do the installation. Some films last longer than others, and the thicker they are the more damage they can take. We’ve wrapped vehicles that see plenty of road & track time, and their films have survived more that 5 years without needing parts re-installed or failing entirely.
- Most definitely. While it is a bit of a tedious process to undertake, we offer wrap removal services as well as installation, and would be happy to assist. Contact us with more information about what type of wrap you would like to have removed & we’ll help you get back to fresh paint!
- Typically we don’t install any film we’re not already stocking. There are a lot of knock off films out there that aren’t designed for vehicle wrap applications, so if you want help making a selection just contact us for a recommendation!
- No. With primed and unpainted vehicles or body kits, the surface texture does not allow for proper adhesion of air egress vinyls, and makes the wrap prone to failure & lifting.
- Proper wrap care starts with the basics. Keeping your vehicle’s surface clean is the primary concern, so frequent hand washing to eliminate surface contaminates is necessary if you want to keep your wrap from getting stained or damaged from road grime. For those of you with a gloss free exterior, we offer wrap waxing services for matte & satin films to help keep them protected as well as maintain a nice soft, flat finish.
- Primarily, the film thickness. Matte opaque options have become more and more popular for those wanting a complete color change, while our satin clear applications are more tailored to those who simply want to change their factory paint finish while also adding a layer of protection.
- Most opaque and textured wrap films are thin and pliable so they can stretch easily during application. Unfortunately, thinner films are more prone to failure, and typically don’t offer much paint protection. However, some wrap films are so thick that they can add a layer of protection – specifically, our satin clear applications. Typical matte colored film is around 2-4 MILS thick and wont bare too much of an impact from large rocks or chunky road debris, but satin clear is on par with standard clear bra protection at around 7-9 MILS thick, keeping your paint that much safer.
- We typically don’t stock much vinyl other than what is necessary for current projects. Since we work with such a diverse range of clientele with a wide array of tastes and styles, we install just about every type of film on the market (and some custom ones too!) 3M, Avery, Oracal, Hexus, KPMF, you name it, we’ve used it. If there’s a specific film you want to use, let us know and we’ll find it for your vehicle at the best price available. We can even special order a one-off film, create a custom printed design, or track down something unique if you really want to break away from the pack!
- As the age old saying goes, you get what you pay for. Our prices reflect the quality of work that goes into each installation, and our installs are incredibly thorough & time consuming. Speedy & cheap installs typically lead to cars being bladed up, films not being properly applied or given enough time to breathe, and ultimately a shorter life span for the wrap. Also, most installers will not offer any sort of warranty if the wrap film fails or was applied improperly. Not only do we make sure that your vehicle’s exterior is spotlessly clean to ensure proper adhesion and no film failure, but we also go the distance in disassembling your vehicle prior to wrapping. That means no unnecessary seams, no bad cuts, or messy edges. If the film we supplied fails, bring it in and we’ll make it right until you’re satisfied with the results.
- If the wrap is our primary focus, turn around time can be as short as a week or less depending on complexity. Stripes, graphics & accent pieces can typically be completed in 24 – 72 hours, but exterior wraps or full color changes with door jambs will take considerably longer. Since we’re a fully functioning detail shop with more than just wraps on our plate, installation times will vary depending on the project and when it’s scheduled. If you’re on a deadline or want to expedite your install, just let us know what the time frame is and we’ll factor it in when we set up your appointment.
- There are pros & cons to both wrapping or painting your vehicle, and normally a high quality paint job will cost just as much if not more than a high quality wrap. A cheap paint job is rarely a good thing, and preserving original paint is something we value, so we tend to side with wrapping. While it might be “cheaper” to do an easy respray on your vehicle for a change of color, it will ultimately damage the value and make it harder to resell down the line. A wrap can be removed easily, doesn’t run the risk of inconsistencies that come with a cheap paint job, and can potentially increase the resale value to prospective buyers if they plan on keeping it wrapped.
- We don’t regularly, but discounting vehicle wraps is something we take into consideration for appropriate parties who would like it known where they had their wrap installed. If you are interested in representing and promoting the NorthWest Auto Salon brand as part of your color change, printed wrap, or custom graphics in a new or innovative way, please send us a complete proposal with details about the vehicle, wrap design, film choices, project affiliates, and a schedule of where the vehicle will be on display or in competition.
- In most cases, yes. While the jury is still out on the legality of vehicle wraps in most states due to their recent rise in popularity, we have heard of action being taken to limit certain films from road use by regulating their production size. Varieties of chrome & reflective films are intended for off road use only or for minor graphical additions as opposed to total car coverage, but there isn’t a current state law barring you from changing the color of your car via vehicle wrap that we know of, or requiring you to re-register your vehicle in a new color.
- We’ve 10+ years of custom vehicle wrapping in Calgary, and have worked on wrap projects spanning a wide array of cehicles & from trucks to exotic cars. Our proficient design partner, Fuel Creative inc. produces cutting edge customized aesthetics. Our access to exclusive materials & manufacturers is unmatched. Having your vehicle wrapped by ZR Auto ensures a level of quality & support that simply cannot be found anywhere else!
- Most definitely. Dirt and contaminants on your exterior would be trapped under the film, posing greater harm to your paint and eventually causing the wrap to fail if they were not cleaned off before installation. Thus, we must require a full 24- step hand wash and clay bar decontamination before the wrap is applied.
- There are a few courses of action we can take depending on how your wrap gets damaged, where the damage occurred, and how extensive it is. Worst case scenario, the wrap must be removed entirely, but more than likely we will be able to pull a section of the wrap and replace it with a new piece of film that was left over from your installation. Depending on the design or layout of your wrap and where the damage is located, we may also need to reprint graphics or simply patch a spot in.
- Yes! Printed, branded, and customized vehicle wraps are something we specialize in. If you already have a design mocked up and simply need to get film printed and applied, or you want us to take it all the way from concept to completion, we would be glad to assist in bringing your personal or company fleet vehicles up to spec.
READY TO WRAP YOUR VEHICLE?
To book your appointment Call ZR Auto today!